Greetings Losers (I am one of them),
I would assume that the reason you might be reading this blog is because you have lost/misplaced your mark sheets or passing certificates or degree certificate. First of all let me offer you my deepest condolences for your loss. Hopefully you would have realized that life moves on and that you must too by starting the procedure to issue duplicates.
Let me give you a brief background about my predicament and my excruciating experience. I am from Mumbai and passed my SSC, HSC from MSB, Engineering Degree from Mumbai University. Unfortunately, I lost/misplaced the folder containing all my marksheets, passing certificates, degree certificate and my employment letters (An extremely horrible feeling, trust me you don’t want to experience losing all your docs). After a fruitless and frustrating search for a week, I realized that I would have to file for duplicates.
I am not going to explain my entire experience as even thinking of it sends chills down my spine and I would end up suing myself for Intentional Inflictment of Emotional Distress. It was this experience that has inspired me to write my first blog so that others could avoid the unnecessary pain I underwent. I will get to the point and enlist a step by step procedure to file for duplicates.
- Firstly, you need to make an Affidavit stating that you have lost your documents. This is required only by the Mumbai (Kalina) University (not for SSC & HSC sheets). You will need a separate Affidavit for the M.S.B. (Maharashtra State Board) ONLY if you have recently (1 year ago) received your marksheet/passing certificate and lost them. An Affidavit template is as in the link http://tte.delhigovt.nic.in/affidavit.doc. The Affidavit needs to be on a Rs. 100 Stamp Paper and notarized.
- After making the Affidavit. Go to your nearest Police Station, tell them that you have lost your documents and you need to file an FIR for the same. The Police will need the Affidavit to file the FIR. The FIR looks like a letter which states that you have lost your docs. WARNING: The Police would want to keep the original Affidavit. DO NOT GIVE THEM THE AFFIDAVIT. Tell them that you need to submit the original Affidavit to the University and give the police a copy of the Affidavit. I suffered big time because I gave the Police the original Affidavit.
Note: This FIR is required only by the Mumbai (Kalina) University. You will need another Affidavit/FIR for the M.S.B. (Maharashtra State Board) only if you have recently received your marksheet/passing certificate and lost them. Also you might have to handle the Policemen with some Chai Paani.
- Next go to your school (only if you lost your SSC marksheet/passing certificate) and get a letter from school stating that you lost your SSC marksheet/passing certificate. They may ask for a copy of the affidavit and FIR. This letter from school is needed by the MSB to issue duplicate SSC marksheets/passing certificate.
- After that you go to your Jr. College (only if you lost your HSC marksheet/passing certificate) and get a letter from the college stating that you lost your HSC marksheet/passing certificate. They may ask for a copy of the affidavit and FIR. This letter from Jr. College is needed by the MSB to issue duplicate HSC marksheets/passing certificate.
- Finally go to Kalina University, equipped with Original Affidavit, FIR. Since I am an Engineer I had to go to Mahatma Phule Building. Stand in the Counter no. 2 line. Tell them that you lost your marksheets etc. They will ask to see the affidavit and FIR. Show them that. They will then give you forms to fill up. Fill those forms ASAP and head to counter no. 1 to get a gatepass into the building. Once you get a gatepass head to the 2nd floor to the marksheet center (Room 25). Talk to Moore Sir. He will check your affidavit and FIR and sign your forms as verified. In case you lost your degree certificate you will need your convocation number. If you have a copy of the degree certificate, there is a number written in very fine print near the bar code. It has your seat no. The last few digits are your convocation number. If you don’t have a copy of your certificate go to the convocation department to get your number. Once dealings with Moore sir are done. Rush to the ground floor Bank of Baroda. Pay them the required money. This is only in case of your Degree Certificate and passing certificates. For your marksheets your will have to go to the accounts department one floor above i.e. 3rd floor room 45. They will take your affidavit, FIR and money for duplicate marksheets and give you a receipt. Once that is done. Head back to Counter no. 2. Show them the paid receipt for the Passing certificate and degree certificate. They will take one part of it and then tell you to come and collect it in some time.
- This concludes your adventure at Kalina University. The most important thing to note is that the timings are as follows:
- Bank of Baroda – 11:00 to 1:00 and 1:30 to 2:00
- Counter 1 and 2 – 11:00 to 2:00
I suggest you reach Kalina Univ. by 9:30 and stand first in line as the lines generally take 20mins. You don’t want to waste precious time in lines.
- Go to the M.S.B in Vashi, Sector 17. To reach MSB, exit Vashi Railway station sit in an auto and tell him you need to go to the Maharashtra State Board near St. Lawrence High School. Go to the first counter as you climb the steps. Tell him you need duplicate mark sheets for SSC and HSC. He will give you some forms. Fill them and hand them over along with the letter from School and Jr. College. Pay him the fees and he will give you the receipts.
- Costs Incurred:-
- SSC Mark sheet – Rs. 100
- SSC Passing Certificate – Rs. 100
- HSC Mark sheet – Rs. 100
- HSC Passing Certificate – Rs. 100
- 1st Sem Mark sheet – Rs. 100
- 2nd Sem Mark sheet – Rs. 100
- 7th Sem Mark sheet – Rs. 100
- 8th Sem Mark sheet – Rs. 100
- 1st Year Passing Certificate – Rs. 100
- 4th Year Passing Certificate – Rs. 100
- Degree Certificate – Rs. 300
Cost to undergo this adventure, Priceless!!!!!
Finally, if you found this useful or would like me to make changes, please drop in your comments/suggestions.